Thursday, January 31, 2013

Re: Day 4 - Studying the Monsters



While that was certainly a waste of resources, it felt very satisfying.
...
Now what?


I've explored this entire island in my past li- I mean, before I was knocked out.


Speaking of which...
I think I'll be okay if I just run right through.


I wonder whats over there? I haven't explored the swamp fully. But it's dangerous. But on the other hand...
...
Perhaps just a quick look.


Are those monsters fighting each other? I suppose so long as they aren't attacking me it's a good thing. However, it is interesting.


I wonder if the tentacle attacked the spiders, or vice versa? And why would either parties do that?


And now it's attacking the spider's den. But it appears to be leaving the spoils behind.


Ah well. If I'm careful, I think I can get them without that tentacle attacking me. I wonder if I can use this discovery to my advantage. There should be another den around here somewhere.


Let's see if I'm right.


Come on!
*Bleeeech!!*
Just going to have to do it myself. Turn around and swing... Now!


Phew. Not a scratch. I'm getting better at fighting.


Extra materials never hurt.


I wonder about these tentacles. Why would that tentacle not attack those spiders that I tried to lure to it, but attacked other ones? And why do they attack me?


Perhaps they're simply territorial? So long as nothing goes within they're striking distance they don't seem to realize that anything's around them.


Oh look, berries.


In any case, it would be ideal if I could find a way to determine where they are before they come out of the ground.


With any luck, I should be able to figure out their patterns.


All the dangerous creatures that I've seen so far seem to have patterns.


The spiders stay in their dens during the day, unless something disturbs it...


... At night they come out, but I don't know whether they specifically hunt me or not... Those hounds that I encountered before I die- before I was knocked out made a loud sound before they attacked, so I should be able to know if they're coming...


Although, apart from that one time, I haven't seen any. Perhaps they wander around?
...
Hold on a minute! Where am I?


Wow, I've traveled far. I know where the swamp ends, at least.


The pig's settlement is nearby. It should be safe there.


Hmm. There isn't any light.


Better.


"Hello."
*Grunt*
"Uh, you... wouldn't mind if I... camped out over there for the night?"
*Grunt*
"Okay then."


Strange. They didn't seem frightened of me before. Perhaps they're scared of something else?


I should analyze all the things I've learned about the creatures so far. Hopefully, the pigmen won't mind if I set up a machine here. Who needs sleep anyways?

No comments:

Post a Comment