Saturday, January 19, 2013

Day 6 - This Was A Terrible Experiment


I think I'm going to have to go into the swamp. There could be people somewhere inside it, or past it. And if not, there must be some kind of resource.


I've filled out the map for this area, and as far as I can tell it looks like it hasn't been touched by civilization. Apart from the roads, anyways. But those just lead to dead ends.


*Deep breath* I can do this. I can do this.


Just think of it as an experiment! An entirely new environment waiting to be discovered!


Oh no oh no! Getawaygetawaygetawaygetawaygetaway!!!


*Pant* *Pant*. Did they follow me? Can they follow me? Is that... Really?! Spiders too?!


"Aaaah! No!"


"No no no no no no no no no..."
Huh?


Are those tentacles... attacking those spiders? Interesting...


No. Not getting any closer.


Eh? Reeds? Perhaps I can use this.


And a road... Hmm... Perhaps this one will lead me to pe-


"No! Stay away"!


Sanctuary! They haven't appeared outside of muddy ground!


Oh, thank goodness. My hypothesis was correct.


However, it appears that this safe area is quite small.


What's this mist? Is that a... no... it is! A grave stone! And if there's a grave stone then someone must have made it!


...Why would someone go to the lengths to make a grave stone to chisel out a grocery list on it?


Perhaps there's something on the body that I could use? Although, the thought of digging up a corpse doesn't appeal to me. And it would be disrespectful...
*Sigh*
But there may be something useful.


Buttons. Just buttons. No corpse, no bones, only buttons. This means that either whoever made this grave simply buried these here in the hopes that no one would dare try to dig them up...


...Or that this grave was made so long ago that the body completely decomposed. But surely if that were the case, the headstone would have been worn away by now.


Still, this is a good sign.
*Fwap!*
"Ahhrrgh!"
whatwasthatohnomustrunrunrunohnothishurtspleasenomoregottogetaway


gogogogogo!


*Pant* *Wheeze* *Fwump*
I think... I'm gunna just sit here for a second...
*Pant*
Owwww.
*Deep breath*
Need food. Put the trap there, and and put a carrot there.


Come on. Come out and get the carrot. In the mean time, there are these frog legs I got in the swamp. Should probably cook them. And there's this... meat... stuff... that I got from those spiders earlier. I can cook them and then maybe...


These aren't too bad. A bit tough to chew, but they're better than I thought they would be.


I'm still hungry though. And all I have left is this monster meat. Even cooked, it still looks disgusting, but I don't really have any other choice...
...
Come on, Wilson. You can do this.
...
Think of it as an experiment!
...
...
I can't do it. I just can't. But I'm still hungry!
...
Science will make me feel better. It'll take my mind of all this at least.


Perhaps this Papyrus can be used to make some sort of bandage? But I should make certain that it can, as I only have a few. *Yawn* If I can weave it together... like this... and... Goodness, my eyes hurt. And my back. Perhaps I could just take a small break... Just for a little while... and... rest my eyes.  
*zzz*

No comments:

Post a Comment