Sunday, January 20, 2013

Day 8 - Planning and Introspection


I need a stable source of food. If I could catch birds, which appear to land even in the swamp, then I would have a near constant supply of meat. Rabbits are too difficult to catch consistently, and I haven't been able to find many carrots to bait them into my traps.


But in order to catch birds, I need a special kind of trap. And for that, I need silk, which I can only obtain from spiders.


I've discovered a few spider nests, but most are in the swamp, and I'm still wounded. Going after those spiders now would be idiotic.


For now, I should stick to getting meat from rabbits and focus on getting better.


But above all, I think the most glaring reason that I don't want to go back in there, is because I'm scared. I'm scared of dying, out here, alone. No one will ever know what happened to me. No one will come looking for me. No one will remember me.


I don't know if I have any family back wherever I came from that will mourn me, or if anyone even knows I'm out here.


I hate not knowing anything about this.

No comments:

Post a Comment